Why Solubility & Extraction?
- Are you willing to learn some basic principles of herbal chemistry so that you can dial in your medicine making methods?
- Are you curious about why some herbal constituents are thought of as "water-soluble" while others are "oil-soluble" or "alcohol-soluble"?
- Do you want to learn what's really behind solubility? Hint: the major factor is called polarity. But it's not the only one!
- Are you ready to learn the other five factors that can really up-level the quality of your products?
- Have you dreamed of finding a way to make your current herbal products more focused and concentrated?
- Would you like to understand how to design your extractions to get the most out of your herbal formulas?
- Have you wondered what's the "best" way to extract any particular herb?
- Are you ready to expand from basic "recipe-based" crafting to understanding "method-based" medicine making?
- Are you excited to make smooth, consistent products that don't separate & have great shelf life?
Then we're excited to invite you on this journey with us as we delve into the arts & practical sciences of using solubility & extraction to make better medicine!
What you'll get with Solubility & Extraction
8 Information Packed Lessons
Detailed Topics List
Is this the right class for me?
If you have the basics of herbal medicine making down, and want to understand how to make your fabulous creations even better, Solubility & Extraction offers a fun challenge that will help you expand your skills through understanding the principles and practical science "behind the curtain." We invite you to register today, but if you give this class a whirl and find that it just isn't your cup of tea, we offer a 14-day, no strings attached, money back guarantee!
"Thank you very much for creating this course and making it such an accessible price. I have been following your work for some time now and have the recent and previous edition of your book. I have always struggled with chemistry though I am passionate about making herbal preparations. I am a herbal educator, specializing in teaching folk to grow, harvest/forage and make their own medicinal preparations from scratch ... The learning never ends." Tatiana Lustre Dawn - Alchemilla Herbals www.alchemillaherbals.com.au
"Thank you Lisa for a wonderfully informative course. I finally have a greater understanding of solubility and its impact on making really good medicine. I've made many tinctures over the years and I can't help but wish I had this understanding many moons ago! However, I am still grateful for all the plants and medicines I've worked with and this only deepens my understanding and appreciation for future medicine making. You really made the chemistry friendlier for me :) Much appreciated." Rose Casey - Rosewoods Herbal www.rosewoods.com
"In my college days I crawled my way thru basic chemistry, but as an herbalist I’m more and more fascinated by organic chemistry as the foundation of herbal formulation … I purchased Lisa Ganora’s book “Herbal Constituents: Foundations of Phytochemistry” and immediately recognized its value … but was a bit overwhelmed by its scope! This class was a perfect gentle introduction to the basic concepts around extraction and solubility, very accessible information, delivered with fun and humor! Highly recommend!!" - Rebecca Schumacher, BCHN, NBC-HWC, Professional Member AHG, CEO Bone Branch Holistic Wellness - https://www.
SIGN UP ANY TIME - ON-DEMAND CLASSES
Solubility & Extraction Class
Register any time for this on-demand class $97 USD
Extraordinary Elixirs! (& Herbal Infused Honeys) Class
Register any time for this on-demand class $117 USD